3C's Gameplay Programmer
You will work closely with Games Designers to participate in the development of player-centric gameplay systems. This may involve work related to the game controls, character movement, weapons and combat, cameras or the animation engine.
- Define and develop prototypes in collaboration with the Design team
- Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions
- Work within the constraints of the existing game engine to meet performance and quality benchmarks
- Look for innovative tools and techniques allowing to achieve the best gameplay quality possible
- Interface with all disciplines (game designers, animators, programmers,...) to ensure that the constraints are well integrated in the game development
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good command of C++ programming, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Control of 3D mathematics and their use in gameplay systems
- Experience with real time animation techniques
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- An interest in game design, and a strong understanding of what makes responsive and intuitive game mechanics
- Ability to work autonomously and self-organize
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
- Experience working on first or third person games ideal but not required
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft's key environmental Commitments: Climate change is an urgent problem that affects us all, and Ubisoft is committed to doing its part to protect our planet by reducing our carbon emissions and inspiring our communities to take action. Played by millions around the world, video games can give players tools to learn more about sustainability and mobilise them to act on climate change. We believe that we will only make progress through collective effort: that’s why Ubisoft is actively working with other video game companies to move our industry forward through the UN’s Playing for the Planet Alliance.”