3D Animator - M/NB/W [Star Wars Outlaws]
As a 3D Animator at Ubisoft Annecy, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
Your daily life
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations
- Work closely with the Lead Animation to understand the objective in terms of quality to be achieved and the intentions of gameplay
- Collaborate constructively with other departments (Game Design, Audio, GPP…) in order to realize the overall vision of the game
- Demonstrate proactivity towards the team to develop our ways of producing and structuring our animations
- Be a mentor for the Animation team on key frame
- Give strong recommendations and be reactive in proposing solutions to any problems related to the activities you are responsible for
- Participate in the realization of the planning necessary to accomplish these functions, in collaboration with the manager and be able to measure its production time in order to respect the deadlines
- Be able to quickly perform basic prototypes that will be used for discussions related to animations and gameplay
- Perform other related duties
What you bring to the team
You’ve already worked and / or shipped at least two AA or AAA game as a 3D gameplay animator. We are also open to applicant with a background from the movie industry. You recognize yourself in the following requirement list:
- In-depth knowledge of Keyframe and Mocap on Motion Builder and graphic tools
- Collaborate with all Animation teams and other departments
- To have a pronounced artistic sense & abilities in a specific achievement
- To convey the emotion of the characters
- To have a good understanding of movements in space
- Capacity to adapt yourself and be open-minded
- To be confident in written and spoken English to collaborate daily in an international production
Please send us a CV, a letter and a demo demonstrating your animation skills, your artistic eye and your ability to convey the emotion of the characters.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.