About the Organisation:
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favour diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and together, we build success.
Job Title: 3D Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Deliver High quality 3D Art assets and textures for VR project and ensure their integration is in line with technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Create realistic organic and inorganic 3D assets like Weapons, Hero props, modular architecture pieces, Foliage etc. in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Be proficient in creating unique texture along with highly reusable tiling textures and trim sheets for modular assets.(Knowledge of Substance Designer is a plus)
- Sculpt/model high res details and integrate both high & low poly meshes in a PBR pipeline.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game engine, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix visual issues raised by game testers.
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design, 3D, video game development or equivalent training.
- 2 years’ games industry experience with leading 3D modelling and sculpting packages like 3Ds Max | Maya | Z Brush
- Good understanding of PBR texturing and it’s applications using Substance Painter.
- Ability to closely adapt to a specific art style.
- Should have a strong portfolio showcasing high level of artistic capability.
- Experience working on published AAA title a strong advantage.
- Working knowledge of game engines like Unity 3D or Unreal.
- Familiarity with game development cycle.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
Note: Applications without portfolio, will not be considered for this position.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.