3D ARTIST Design Home, Art
Electronic Arts (EA) Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. Glu Mobile India studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA positions us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
We are seeking a 3D Artist to create furniture models for mobile from real-world brands like Jonathan Adler, Williams-Sonoma, and many more. You will create models based on specs and colors provided by brands while maintaining high visual standards in a fast-paced collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent modeling and texturing skills, and a keen eye for detail, lighting, and color in realistically rendered objects and environments. The 3D Artist will collaborate with Art & Content Production teams in San Francisco, CA, and will be located at our in-house development studio in Hyderabad, India.
- Create mobile-performant textured models of furniture from real-world brands in Maya or 3DS Max that adhere to triangle budgets and follow specs from brands and for game implementation
- Apply all feedback from Brands, Art, & QA to ensure all models match examples of corresponding real-world furniture
- Create textures and materials to reflect real-world properties of upholstery fabrics like chenille tweed, linen, twill, velvet, and more
- Create variations of furniture models that range from new colors, patterns, fabrics, metals, and textures
- Upload and manage 3D assets on SVN and in-house CMS
- Proficiency in 3D modeling tools and PBR pipeline and Substance Painter, ideally comfortable with the Maya/Zbrush/Substance art pipeline environment
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable understanding of the process of creating real-world objects and environments
- Familiarity with the Unity engine is a big plus, especially for the development of mobile apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love of creative collaboration and ability to take direction well
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience building 3D content for mobile devices
- An eye for design and manufacturing trends, strong creative sensibility, a clear sense of style and polish, refined taste, and a discerning eye for luxury.
- Strong knowledge of design trends, furniture, fixture & equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color, and materials.
- Previous experience in real-time game art production, ideally for mobile devices.
- Having a passion for all things related to home decor and interior design would be a big plus!
***Please submit a resume and portfolio demonstrating 3D modeling/texturing skills.