3D Character Artist II - TFT
As a Character Artist at Riot, you will bring champions to life by creating and texturing high and low poly models. You will help craft some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and keen understanding of anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
As a Character Artist on the Teamfight Tactics Team, you will report to an Art Lead. You'll be a part of a squad working with different disciplines while creating skins that will both surprise and delight players. You will participate in craft review sessions and give/receive feedback on the work.
- Create 3D assets ranging from humanoid to creatures
- Working with Game Design to create exciting props and characters
- Understand game requirements to create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as poly count, texture memory limits, and topology
- Use your strong sense of human/creature anatomy to push character quality to its fullest potential
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- 3+ years’ experience in video games industry as a character artist
- Knowledge of human anatomy, form, and color theory
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya/Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, and 3DCoat
- Experience in creating high quality, stylized 3D character art
- Demonstrated ability to create hand painted stylized characters through past professional or personal work samples
- Experience working and communicating with several designers
- Development experience creating materials and PBR assets within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
- Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.