3D Photogrammetry Scanning Technician
EA’s Los Angeles-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, and motion capture to name a few. As a member of the team, you will support the team with the creation of 3D likeness and digital characters with use of EA propriety technologies, and your experience. You will work with modeling teams at both the capture lab, as well as, development teams processing large volumes of photogrammetry data using EA's proprietary pipeline.
** This is a 12-month temporary assignment
- Report to Capture Stage Manager
- Direct talent through various FACS and scripts.
- Create high-quality character likeness assets for use in game
- Batch process 2D images into 3D assets using photogrammetry tools
- Manage incoming data from our 3D scanning productions and condition it for automation
- QA 3D scan data and troubleshoot
- Knowledge of blendshape correctives
- Experience with retopologizing software and workflows• Maya (preferred) or similar 3D animation software experience
- zBrush (preferred) or similar 3D sculpting software experience
- Data wrangling, to and from, different mix of teams
- Communicate feedback, both written and verbal
- Support development of proprietary art pipeline and workflows
- Support the acquisition team during performance sessions
- Work with art teams to establish / maintain visual target while in production
- Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- Help document workflow and pipelines
- Believe in teamwork
- Motivated and passionate about creating believable characters
Although not required, you have
- Minimum 2 years character modeling experience within video game, television, film or other related industry
- Photography and/or 3D scanning experience
- Knowledge of photogrammetry technology and tools
- Understanding of human facial movement
- Knowledge of wrapping and projecting volume and textures to 3D models
- Knowledge of the Facial Action Coding System
- Interest in latest technologies
CONTRACT POSITION - 12 MONTHS
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
The hourly pay ranges represent in good faith what applicants can expect to be paid for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $37 - $55
Candidates may also be eligible for applicable benefits.