3D Programmer [Mobile]
As a 3D Programmer specializing in mobile, you’ll bring the stunning visuals of our games to mobile. Working on unannounced titles, you’ll look at 3D programming through a new lens, optimizing and adapting it for new platforms.
- Help develop rendering pipeline for new mobile platforms
- Analyze problems with the pipeline and propose solutions to optimize performance
- Collaborate with engine programmers, architects and global pipeline team
- Debug and fix issues with the rendering pipeline
You’re passionate about new tools and tech, and will analyze and rethink them to bring the most beautiful and memorable game worlds in the industry to the mobile experience. You believe in our studio’s core values , and have the following skills and experience:
- Have developed on Android and/or iOS
- Can profile and debug GPUs
- Experience in C++ and HLSL programming
- Have worked on multi-platform codebase
- Experience working on Vulkan and/or Metal graphics APIs
Any of the following would be useful:
- Experience in multithreaded programming
- Familiarity with SPIR-V format and SPIRV-Cross tooling
- Experience with low level platform abstraction in a game engine
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful. Please submit all relevant documents in English.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.