The position will a combined role of a revenue & receivables analyst and an accountant as this role will spend 50% workloads for revenue accounting and the other 50% workloads for prepaid accounts accounting.
This position will be responsible for completing customer billings related to various revenue streams including licensing, digital, sponsorship and eSports. This position will also be performing month-end revenue recognition tasks in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX. The position will prepare journal entries in Oracle and direct customer billings, and prepare monthly reconciliations of accounts receivable & prepaid accounts for Activision Blizzard. The position will also help to perform revenue-related analysis, and assist with audit requests.
The position requires working closely with NA accounting team, Revenue Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Activision and Blizzard Commercial teams, Credit & Collections, and external customers. This person will be tasked with liaising with various teams across the business units, facilitating new contract set ups, timely billing and collection of installment billings and minimum guarantees, royalty statement compliance and tracking of earned royalties.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing company. The ability to multi-task and think outside the box is a must for this position. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Tracking of new contracts and management of related contract logs
- Facilitating customer master data setup
- Review of new and existing executed contracts to understanding billing and revenue recognition implications
- Creation of Oracle invoices & corresponding invoice issuance to customers
- Coordination with Revenue Accounting team to ensure timely billing and accurate GL coding
- Submission of invoices through customer invoicing portals
- Creation and processing of credit memos, as necessary
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments to ensure proper recognition of revenue in support of the period end close activities.
- Assist in the completion of general ledger reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding reconciling items. This includes gathering and maintaining appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist with testing of upgrades and/or enhancements to the global ERP system
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare recurring journals for PPD accounts
- Prepare month end Non-PPD journal
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for PPD accounts