AI / Gameplay Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented AI/Gameplay Programmer's who are passionate about gameplay and character mechanics. These are full-time permanent positions based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio's in Edinburgh or Leeds, and we are open to consider applicants with Associate, Mid or Senior level experience.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We develop systems, such as navigation, population and weapons.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Complete tasks to specification defined by your Lead Programmer.
- Work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Commercial games programming experience.
- Experience working with animations and animation trees.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience developing player character mechanics in a third person game.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.