Animation Director (M/NB/W) - Unannounced AAA Project
Ubisoft's pioneering studio, Paris studio was responsible for the publisher's first successes following its creation in 1992. Today, it is at the helm of such must-have licenses as Just Dance, Ghost Recon and Mario + The Rabbids. Ubisoft Paris has also built a solid reputation as a partner of choice in cross-studio collaborations such as Watch Dogs, Skull & Bones, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Wars. Building on this experience, the studio continues to push the boundaries of creativity by working on some very promising yet unannounced projects.
With 750 talents of 35 nationalities, Ubisoft Paris is today the largest studio in France and one of the most experienced in the industry. Young talents can benefit from the strong presence of senior profiles in the creative, technical or artistic fields. Everyone is driven by the same passion: to push the limits of what is possible and to offer new experiences to our players.
Ready to join the adventure? Join us at the Paris Studio!
As the Animation Director of our AAA realistic unannounced project, you will be part of the Content Direction of the project, reporting to the Creative Director, and managing the Lead Animator and the Animation Technical Director.
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine;
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents describing the artistic direction;
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter by making the vision accessible and ensuring that it is well understood;
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the Creative Director, the Content Direction and the programming team;
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his/her team to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.);
- Set up and support mocap sessions, either in Paris or in Montreal.
- Expert knowledge & passion for gameplay & technical animation on AAA video game productions
- Strong experience in managing a team with various profiles;
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision;
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, etc.)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating strong design skills;
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially in English. French is a plus.
/!\ Don't forget to add your CV, portfolio, website, or any other document needed to evaluate your profile
Joining us means having access from day one to :
Flexibility in your working hours and the possibility to work remotely under the conditions of the Ubisoft policy.
20 days of remote working per year from a European Union country (reserved for European citizens);
Our internal e-learning platform to finally train you on the tools you need so much;
Our game library where you can borrow the latest Ubisoft games, those of the competition, consoles and board games;
Our preferential rates on a wide range of shows, cinemas, concerts, sports halls, amusement parks, and many other good deals.
And after 1 year?
You have a career and development plan established with your manager as well as clear objectives that will allow you to progress and increase your salary each year;
You have joined one of our clubs : choir, yoga, tennis, lightsaber... Or you have created your own!
You take advantage of your 1.5 hour lunch break to take part in a class in our gym or borrow one of our bicycles to ride in the Bois de Vincennes ;
You look forward to the next surf/yoga or ski weekend organized by the work council;
You've gotten really good at foosball, rock climbing, Mario Kart or Just Dance ;
You've raided the clearance sale sale to complete your collection of Ubi goodies and games (because we never have enough);
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.