Animation Production Director
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are seeking an experienced leader with a proven track record of creating and managing successful production teams and processes. Working with our global studios, this is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
Our animation team consists of hundreds of animators across 10 global studios. We’re dedicated to creating the finest animation in the industry and work in close collaboration with other disciplines to make it a reality.
- Oversee building, managing, and leading the global Animation production team.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure that project goals and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved.
- Continue to develop and improve new and existing production methodologies.
- Coach members of the Production team on how to identify and anticipate risks associated with projects currently in development, and how to propose effective solutions.
- Negotiate requirements and their priority for competing projects and feature requests across multiple teams.
- Support the maintenance of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring and communicating the progress of milestones and specific tasks against those schedules.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Animation Directors and production staff from other departments to understand and identify current and future project needs.
- Extensive management experience in a production/development environment.
- Demonstrable experience producing and shipping AAA games in a leadership role.
- Experience developing and mentoring a team of Producers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Natural leader that is highly team oriented and able to step up to the plate when challenges present themselves.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable decision-making ability.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with others and lead tasks with inclusive approach.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Natural multi-tasker who can keep a level head when things get busy.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and adjust as needed.
- Strong passion for video games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.