The Technical Director, Animation will determine, prepare, and adapt the animation tools used in production. The candidate will also train animators on the selected tools and methods and supervise the integration of the animation into the game engine.
The main and routine tasks of the Technical Director, Animation are to:
- Read the game design documents to determine the project’s technical animation needs;
- Specify animation needs to the programming team;
- Test the selected/developed engine, request improvements, verify all related documentation, and correct and\or produce new documents if necessary;
- Develop or find the best tools (e.g.: 3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, etc) and methods to improve and facilitate the work of animators;
- Test the tools before they are deployed and ensure that they work properly throughout the production process;
- Create, organize, and carry out training sessions so that all animation team members are able to properly use the tools and methods;
- Produce documents on the tools, methods, training sessions, processes, and engine constraints for later reference;
- Coordinate and act as the point of contact between the animation and programming teams;
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their rationales to the animation team;
- Establish the nomenclature of all of the files created by the animators so as to structure data location and facilitate retrieval;
- Provide constant technical support for the tools and engine to every member of the animation team;
- Supervise the design, integration, and validation of the in-game animations and cinematics in the engine and facial animation pipeline;
- Be the technical point of contact for all technical animation issues;
- Be the animation point of contact for others during knowledge-sharing activities;
- Carry out all related tasks.
- College Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training;
- 7+ years’ experience in-game animation experience;
- 3 years as technical director animation / integration of game animation system is a must;
- Ability to write technical documentations;
- Customer service oriented and a team player;
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Good mentoring capacity;
- Leadership experience an asset;
- Experience on a minimum of 2-3 console games productions.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At UBISOFT ROMANIA we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.