When you’re an Anti-cheat Engineer at Ubisoft San Francisco, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with protecting the game client and servers from exploits, securing the low-level network features, and hardening our game infrastructure. You are an essential part of a team that holds the player’s connected experience at the core of its mission.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Can players trust that their competitors aren’t cheating? Is the game simulation fair to all players?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of the game’s engine and gameplay features. You’ll ensure our players enjoy the ultimate multiplayer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Integrate and maintain external anti-cheat tools and services in the game engine
- Secure the game client and servers
- Investigate exploits and cheats happening in our game and others
- Help secure the low-level networking traffic
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve the game’s security
- Educate content creators and gameplay engineers on how to maximize game security
- Maintain and extend documentation on security best practices
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience with off-the-shelf anti-cheat products, such as Easy Anti-Cheat or Battleye
- Understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies
- Experience building games as an engineer for PlayStation, Xbox, or PC
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
- Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented work skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.