Architect Game Designer - League, Summoner's Rift
As an Architect Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your player insight, mechanics expertise, and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, using every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
On the League of Legends Gameplay Initiative, you will report to the Lead Designer. You will push the boundaries of our premier game mode, Summoner’s Rift, innovating on the core experience and defining areas for future growth. You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of experienced game developers, leading design on whole areas of gameplay that haven’t previously been explored, and then collaborating with engineers, artists, and others to bring them to life.
- Identify major new opportunities for the whole product and validate them
- Lead design on large-scale game systems projects
- Work closely with other designers, guiding them on their own projects
- Apply deep League of Legends and game design knowledge to find new gameplay spaces
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers
- Represent your work to producers and other leaders, to ensure cohesiveness of vision
- 8+ years of experience in professional game design
- 3+ years of experience working as a game designer on a MOBA or related product
- Experience creating and extending complex systems, both through the addition of content and through leading multidisciplinary teams
- Experience leading a substantially important area of innovation in defining the overall game product
- Experience as the primary thought leader of materially-impactful world-class innovations on a commercial video game
- 12+ years of experience in professional game design
- Experience maintaining a live game
- Experience leading Research and Development teams
- Familiarity with the LoL IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $198,000 USD - $298,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.