As our Art Director, you will translate the vision to artistic assets, establish the artistic direction and create the visual style of the game. You are responsible for ensuring that visual elements are of highest quality. You will also act as visionary who inspires, motivates and supports the art team. Your work will include diving into the unknown and exploring different exciting possibilities.
What you will do:
- Define, hold and drive the project’s artistic vision in line with the overall creative direction for the game
- Create a unified and consistent visual style for the game
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constrains
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- Keep informed about latest advances in game art technique and technology
- Participate in recruitment to build the artistic team & foster their growth.
What you should be equipped with:
- Deep experienced in crafting video game art
- Proven excellent leadership experience in the video game industry, 2 years of Art Direction experience, especially realistic art style
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games
- Good Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max); Ability to revise the work done by others and suggest improvements if necessary; with excellent artistic judgement
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- Great communication (and in English) and presentation skills combined with a positive attitude; Natural curiosity and creativity with the ability to explore new ideas and learn from others
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!