Art Director, Solutions Games
At Unity, we are continuing to grow our internal world-class game development team. Our mission is to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase Unity’s technologies at their best!
This exciting new team comprises designers, artists and engineers who are building full games across a variety of game platforms.
Our team is building captivating and innovative gaming experiences that transport players into extraordinary worlds, and as we continue to grow we are looking for a dedicated Art Director to join us and make a significant impact on a new project. Your creative leadership will drive the development of visually stunning experiences that captivate players, draw them into and immerse them in our games.
The team will be based around our offices in Stratford-upon-Avon. Whilst we believe it is important for creative teams to come together periodically, our hybrid working policy will allow you to find the right balance between working from home and the office!
When we’re at the office you’ll find us in a set of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors, where the environment is informal, relaxed, and inclusive.
We are committed to equal opportunities and growing a diverse team, we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and communicate a clear and inspiring artistic vision for our games, ensuring that our art style is coherent and aligned with the overall game design and narrative.
- Lead and collaborate with a team of artists, providing guidance, feedback and support to maximise their potential.
- Work closely with the design and production teams to plan and deliver high-quality assets through the entire game development process, from concept to release and beyond.
- Be hands-on, contributing directly to project development.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through regular review and constructive feedback.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a senior art leadership role within the games industry with a strong portfolio showcasing your artistic vision and ability to lead teams.
- Demonstrable expertise in a variety of art styles.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, comfortable conveying the artistic vision to all project partners.
- Familiarity with a number of modern 3D software packages (Maya, 3D Studio Max, zBrush, Substance Designer, Houdini, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the game development process and optimising game art assets for game engines.
You might also have
- Experience of developing games in Unity.
- Shipped games on console or mobile platforms.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.