Art Team Director
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an Art Team Director to join our Brand Creative Team. As a core member of the Global Brand Marketing Team, you will ensure our visual elements and the growth of the art team members are of the highest quality.
You will be responsible for the artistic quality of the key marketing assets, with a strong focus on in-game screenshots, renders, and 2D/3D static assets. You will support the Brand Creative Team in fostering excellence. You will partner with other Art Directors of our individual franchises to establish continuity of artworks between our games and marketing assets. This role is a leadership and operations role, rather than a production role. The Art Team Director would report to the Global Brand Marketing Director.
If you have what it takes to play a vital role in defining the look and feel of our global marketing campaigns presenting our brands to the world, we want to hear from you!
- Taking a leading role in the creative and executive aspects of our brand & marketing visuals.
- Leading medium to small marketing projects and coordinating the CG / Art output and quality control, from initial conception to completion.
- Shaping key visuals and other static assets.
- Acting as direct supervisor for Brand Creative Leads, setting creative guidelines and emphasising visual storytelling for the team members.
- Managing and supporting Brand Creative Leads to ensure that art quality is maintained and improved.
- Supporting Brand Creative team artists to ensure their development and growth: define individual action plans for promotions, skill training, etc.
- Working closely with the Art, Creative and Game Directors, understanding and interpreting their intentions in order to maintain consistency across brand assets.
- Working in creative partnership with the Brand Creative leadership to concept, create, and produce effective creative tailored for defined target audiences, and based on strategic briefs.
- Working on developing pipelines capable of delivering higher quality content.
- Collaborating with outsourcers on visual assets for the usage of brand & marketing purposes.
- Delivering work on time without compromising on quality.
- Have 6+ years experience in games/CG or analogous industry.
- Have 6+ years of CG post-production experience as a Lead CG Artist/ Art Manager/ Art Supervisor/ CD Supervisor.
- Experience in managing teams of artists.
- Deep expertise and experience in at least one art field e.g., digital painting, 3D, illustration, composition.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills to support the delivery of clear artistic vision projects both internally and externally.
- Ability to tackle a brief from several angles and to show how an idea can work across various mediums.
- Courage to break the common truths about visual design & marketing in general.
- Creative eye & aesthetic judgement – knowing composition, cinematic design, color theory, and lighting.
- Understanding of visual storytelling and sensibility in content layouts and illustration.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Fundamental knowledge of 3d tools like Blender, 3ds Max or Maya.
- Highly organised and with an excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games.
Nice to have
- Acquaintance with video game industry specifics.
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Drawing foundation.
- Basic Jira knowledge
Along with the resume, please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating the above skills.
This role requires relocation to Poland.
You can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, from any location in Poland.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- REDs have access to the cafeteria platform through which they can receive subscription benefits, additional medical packages or vouchers and codes to shops and cinemas.
- Merch — gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Health checks — tests and vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.