Artist: Cinematic Media
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Cinematic Media Artist/Gameplay Capture Artist to join the team and cover a broad range of media assets. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT WE DO
- We work closely with the Cinematic Media team from storyboard to asset delivery and help maintain high standards across a wide variety of video based projects.
- We use our game engine as a blank canvas to build scenes and create a variety of unique narratives.
- We aim to deliver unique and engaging content on all projects, using story telling methods, camera work and editing techniques.
- Build unique scenes within the in-game environment.
- Capture engaging visuals in a variety of styles.
- Video editing of captured content.
- Work both independently and as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Support various projects from concept to final delivery.
- Be involved in storyboarding and idea/concept discussions.
- Experience creating visual content in digital or standard media (video, photography, gaming, etc.), backed by a showreel.
- An enthusiasm for and extensive knowledge of movies, TV pop culture, and music videos.
- Deep interest for in-game artistic direction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Thorough understanding of and passion for Rockstar’s games specifically.
- Ability to create, capture and edit in a variety of visual styles.
- Excellent understanding of visual flow and composition.
- Ability to adhere to short form and long form deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail is a must.
- Strong knowledge of editing software (AVID, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform jobs efficiently.
- Possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Use own initiative and problem-solving skills to bypass often complex issues.
- Ability to create visuals from detailed briefs.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- General knowledge of how game animation works.
- Game engine experience (Unreal/Unity).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.