ASIC Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title: Digital Design Engineer
The Role: ASIC Design Engineer who will be involved in all aspects of IP RTL design.
- Exhibits relentless commitment to help the team meet quality and development goals on schedule
- Drives to learn and perform at his or her highest potential in a technical capacity
- Thrives in both a team environment and in individual contribution
- Communicates openly and clearly in meetings, presentations, emails, and reports
- Able to learn independently and acquire new skills required for the job
- Flexible in working hours to accommodate working with co-workers in different time-zones
- Creative and innovator and thinker who loves technical problems and detail-oriented tasks
- IP RTL design for AMDs PCI Express (PCIe) IP used for all next generation server, clients, GPU and Semi-custom products.
- Work closely with IP and system architects to micro-architect cutting edge features.
- Apply low power design techniques to existing logic and maintain overall system performance.
- Focus on timing, LINT and CDC closure to ensure high quality RTL.
- Support verification and debug of the ASIC throughout various stages of the project.
- Jump into the lab and solve post silicon bring-up or customer issues.
- Digital Design in RTL, Verilog HDL
- Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog
- Deep understanding of high-speed I/O protocols (PCIe, USB, SATA, ethernet…)
- Preferred experience in design with multiple clock domains
- RTL design experience with multi-clock, high frequency designs
- Technical knowledge about IDE standard for example AES_CTR/AES_GCM
- Other technical knowledge such as C/C++, System Verilog, and UVM would be beneficial for testbench/simulation debug.
- During bring up, some lab work with logic analyzer and oscilloscope might be required.
- Understanding of Linting / CDC tools, equivalence checks
- BS (or higher degree) in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Engineering Science or Computer Science.
Requisition Number: 148441
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.