Assistant Accountant - Demonware
Job Title:Assistant Accountant - Demonware
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
Supporting the finance department by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks.
- Collect and check payment requests and expense reports and related original supporting documents
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile credit card payments
- Reconcile bank account
- Ensure internal control compliance, sign-off and reviews with appropriate business owners and finance 4As
- Issue VAT invoices and VAT invoices verification
- Prepare GST and PST filings
- Enter invoices, modify invoice line descriptions and audit expense reports in Oracle.
- Create Purchase requisitions in Oracle and related Receipts
- Manage new Vendor applications
- Assist with tax filing, tax reporting, statistical reports and foreign exchange documents preparation
- Support external and internal audit’s request
- Assist with month end procedures
- Assist with corporate accounting requests
- Assist manager with any other ad hoc project and analysis
Experience and Skills requirements
- Bachelor or college degree major in Finance and Accounting is preferred, but open to non-financial background candidates as well
- 1-2 years related experiences in multinational environment, open to fresh graduate
- Integrity, accountability, diligent, excellent attention to details
- Positive and proactive demeanor, dynamic and lively communicator and team-worker
- Quick learner and well organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience with Oracle and Google Suite applications is a plus
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics