Assistant Character Technical Director (Upskilling for Games)
We have created a multi-month program designed for anyone in VFX, Mobile, or Feature Animation industry can join Ubisoft and work on our biggest games.
At Ubi, we believe that the innovative games of the future depend on a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
Do you consider yourself a gamer at heart? Is a Character TD career something you would be interested in pursuing?
Join us and develop skills like:
- Scripting to streamline the games pipeline (Python, MEL, or other languages).
- Procedural solutions (Houdini, Substance, Retargeting, Ragdoll, Lip-sync, ...).
- Creative development with Animation, Mocap and all our 3D Engine tools.
- Optimize the pipelines and tools in development to improve creativity.
- Assist the team in researching and exploring innovative technology.
- Review game design concepts + identify and analyze risks.
What you'll do
Ubisoft Assistant Character TDs (Technical Director) are responsible for providing first-line technical assistance to teams and projects, assessing their needs, and applying effective work tools and processes.
You will collaborate with a wide range of artists, designers, animators to programmers. Working together and checking in to make sure the project is moving in the direction of the game's goals.
- Participate in development to uphold the creative vision.
- Help develop/select the best internal and external solutions.
- Support the team utilizing the game engine and proprietary tools.
- Work along with directors, animators, game designers and programmers.
What you bring
- Relevant experience as a Modeler, Tech Artist, similar or related position.
- Knowledge in shaders, physics, and other character related developments.
- Advance knowledge of character modelling, rigging, and texturing.
- Minium 4 years of experience in the film, mobile, or comparable industry.
Favourable Experience/ Bonus Points (not required for the position)
- Character modelling, texturing, and shaders.
- Procedural or physics systems solutions (e.g., Houdini, Substance, Clothing, Hair, …).
- Experience with of a game engine (e.g., Unity or Unreal).
- Extensive anatomical knowledge.
What to send our way
- Demo Reel showing ANY technical work (e.g., shaders, rigging, tools ...)
- You can also share a 3D File of your work (Maya, Blender, 3d max…)
- Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.