Associate Animator - Treyarch
Job Title:Associate Animator - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a hardworking and passionate Associate Animator with an interest in Viewmodel Animation to join our team!
In this role, you will join our Viewmodel Animation team in creating the highest quality weapon and locomotion animations that help push the boundaries of gameplay immersion, storytelling, and creativity. The ideal candidate is passionate about animation, gameplay fundamentals, and video games, with the ability to adapt animation styles to support Multiplayer and Zombies.
A successful Viewmodel Animator effectively collaborates with the animation, engineering, and design departments to push for that AAA quality and fun our studio is committed to achieving. You must be highly organized, have outstanding communication skills, and strive to push for innovation. If you possess a strong will to become an essential pillar of an amazing animation team, to inspire those around you, and create epic moments in gaming, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll do…
- Produce high-quality first-person animations using all the tools at your disposal, with a focus on weapons, locomotion, and gameplay.
- Closely collaborate with Production, Design, Art, and Engineering.
- Push the standards of visual and gameplay quality as part of a passionate and dedicated team of animators.
- Implement and maintain Animations, using our proprietary tools within our game engine.
To succeed you should have…
- Experience in professional game development as an Animator.
- An understanding of animation principles and realistic body mechanics.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication.
- First-person weapon animation experience.
- Experienced knowledge of Maya.
- The ability to receive and address constructive feedback.
- Be a self-starter and problem solver.
We’d love it if you also…
- Third person animation experience.
- Experience with Perforce.
- A passion for video games and the Call of Duty franchise.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.