This position gives you the chance to challenge yourself on a variety of art styles, and you will also gain great experience of working with a diversity of Ubisoft studios on different high-quality games.
Understand the art direction defined by client ADs of Ubisoft studios for different projects, propose optimization suggestions to client AD (if requested or allowed), set requirements, and review the deliverables of artists for art quality assurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Provide artistic leadership and lead team to drive the overall vision of the project.
- Is a mentor for the artists and coaches them.
- Build a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
- Nourish the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration out of the video game industry.
- Nourish the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration out of the diverse art style
- Participate in controlling the unity of all visual parts: models, characters, atmosphere …
- Participate in controlling the unity of all visual parts by different representations: illustration, graphic design, modeling …
- Follow the work of the team and ensure they reach the expected artistic quality
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and develop milestones for art team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EQUIPPED:
- At least 7 years of game art/illustration production experience, including 2 years successful experience in art quality assurance
- A thorough understanding of art outsourcing pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to different game engines.
- Strong ability in writing documentation and apply it in art production.
- Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D application including 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop.
- Strong communication (oral and written Chinese & English) and collaboration skills
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!