Associate, Art Outsourcing - VALORANT, Heartbeats
As an Integration Artist at Riot, you will support the Expressions and Outsource teams in shipping skins, battlepasses, and more to players. This is both an artistic and technically oriented art position. Working as an Integration Artist requires a combination of art and design sensibilities, technical knowledge related to the game dev environment, and a high degree of communication and collaboration. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to meet and raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As an Integration Artist on the VALORANT team, you will assist in the production of Premium Content for Riot’s brand new title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D content. You will work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life.
- Ensure assets are properly integrated to Unreal and working as expected
- Diagnose and correct any content integration issues that may occur
- Create, collect, and maintain documentation to help artists and vendors better understand the art pipeline
- Assist in making minor art adjustments to sprays, cards, and promo art based
- Work with QA and Art Teams to understand any bugs related to content, and work with the team to fix them
- Work with the Store team to ensure all assets appear correctly in the client
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
- Experience working with Unreal 4
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and directly contribute to all aspects of the art/creative process
- Experience working and collaborating with with developers in various disciplines
- Comfortable with handling large volumes of assets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in one or more related disciplines - art, animation, technical art, visual effects
- Experiencing working on a AAA game title
- Experience working with external partners. Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
- Experience with basic scripting languages such as C#, Mel, or Unreal Blueprints.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Google Suite
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base hourly range between $31.25 USD - $43.75 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base hourly range between $31.25 USD - $43.75 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).