Associate Content Designer: Open World
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Associate Content Designers who possess a passion for game design and development. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Open World Team is responsible for the design and creation of open world content.
- Using proprietary tools to prototype and author content, we work closely with other designers to develop and iterate on ideas.
- We carry out frequent internal playthroughs to review and further develop designs.
- We work closely and communicate with a wide range of departments to help develop and implement assets.
- Creativity is fundamental to what we do and designers have the opportunity to shape our content from the ground up.
- Create open world content using our in-house content creation tools.
- Prototype ideas for new content.
- Maintain content by fixing bugs, implementing feedback, identifying potential issues.
- Work with Lead Designers to develop content further and iterate on ideas.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of specified designs and develop an overarching understanding of the teams’ design goals.
- Work with other departments to develop, implement and maintain features within our content, such as VFX, SFX, Animation, Code, Script.
- Work closely with our script team to maintain and develop our content creation tools.
- Learn about and adhere to our internal systems, software, and processes.
- Maintain documentation and resources in line with design updates and feedback.
- Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams.
- A degree or Higher-level education.
- A Game Design degree or a degree with a creative focus is considered an advantage.
- All relevant game design experience will be taken into consideration.
- A broad knowledge and passion for game design techniques and standards.
- The ability to problem solve creatively within a constricted tool set.
- Can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Organised and efficient in workflows, can work well autonomously to follow up on tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills to break down the structure of various content types and identify potential issues in advance.
- The ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A passion for video games.
- Experience with visual scripting tools.
- Experience with the GTA Online Creator or Rockstar Video Editor.
- Portfolio of games worked on showing design skills.
- Prior experience in a game design role on a shipped title / Any relevant game industry experience.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.