Associate Core Engineer
You’ll be working to design, create, and extend the underlying general and platform-specific systems which bring our games to life.
Your contributions will empower the content developers and our target platforms to shine. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize game code and systems
- Implement system-level and gameplay-supporting systems
- Collaborate with Lead Core Engineer on technical design and feature roll out
- Work with content teams and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure smooth roll out of new features
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
- Create and maintain technical design documents
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development
- Experience building games as an engineer for PlayStation, Xbox, or PC
- Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
- Experience with technical requirement certification (Sony, Microsoft, etc.)
- Experience on the new generation of consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X)
- Understanding of streaming file systems
- Experience in networked gameplay
- High level graphics knowledge using Direct3D or OpenGL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters