Associate Counsel, EMEA Investigations
Job Title:Associate Counsel, EMEA Investigations
Job Title: Associate Counsel, EMEA Investigations
Reporting To: Associate Director, EMEA Investigations
Department: Ethics & Compliance
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
The Associate Counsel, EMEA Investigations will be a member of Activision Blizzard’s Ethics & Compliance team, which supports the Company’s dedication to an inclusive, safe, inspiring, and equitable culture that is respectful to all. This role is an outstanding opportunity that combines conducting and supervising internal investigations with work improving the organization’s risk management functions. It is an ideal role for a junior lawyer looking to move into an in-house function.
In this role, you’ll ensure that concerns raised by our employees, business partners, and third parties are thoroughly investigated and appropriately remediated, and will help analyze investigation trends and data to advise the Company on potential emerging risks. To that end, you will help conduct internal investigations into a broad employment-related issues, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation allegations, as well as compliance concerns like anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and conflict of interest matters. This role will focus on investigations in throughout Europe, though support may be required for global matters on occasion.
Priorities often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assisting senior investigators and legal counsel on investigations, including issue spotting, intake and investigation interviews, document review, and drafting reports.
- Managing the end-to-end investigation process for matters as appropriate.
- Partnering with Human Resources and related functions across the organization to communicate investigation findings and advise on appropriate remedial actions.
- Analyzing investigation trends and advising compliance, legal, and business leaders on emerging risks.
Player Profile – What You Bring to the Team
- Proven experience in conducting investigation interviews and fact-finding for employment related issues within the UK corporate sector. Has additional experience with or curiosity about compliance-related topics.
- Preferably qualified to practice law in the UK.
- Capable of encouraging trust and confidence though effective written and oral communication skills. Able to effectively summarize findings and provide recommendations.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to stay up to date on emerging trends in domestic and international compliance enforcement.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to conduct difficult conversations in a calm and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment, including sensitivity to and understanding of cultural differences.
- A track record of proactive leadership by taking ownership of issues to produce high-quality outputs with minimal direction.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to effectively partner cross-functionally to drive results.
Our office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and free on-site gym.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies, at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may change at any time as directed by the Company to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.