Associate Craft Director
Glu Mobile’s diverse portfolio features original and licensed IP titles like Covet Fashion, Design Home, Diner DASH Adventures, Disney Sorcerer’s Arena, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and MLB Tap Sports Baseball. Glu’s culture is rooted in fostering creativity to deliver world-class mobile experiences for players around the world. Find roles in game design, product management, engineering, art and more.
With teams in Canada, India, and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Passion, creativity and a love of games are what drive us. Join us in creating a player experience unlike any other on mobile titles at EA.
We are looking for an Associate Craft Director to join our mobile game team.
You will report and work under the guidance of the Senior Art Director and partner with our associate Art Director. You will train, and mentor the art team, help improve quality and seek ways to spread knowledge about pipeline improvements and overall content quality. We would like to hear from someone who is experienced in live art production and has set quality goals for art teams and determined the best technical approaches to support the needs of our Product and Content teams.
As a leader, we would prefer that you will have shipped a high-quality game in a role where you were responsible for guiding artists, critiquing their work, creating visual targets, and mentoring them. You need to collaborate with other disciplines to support their goals and get support for the art team’s needs.
We are looking for someone who can provide creative leadership and is committed to the planning process, hands-on artwork and people management.
- Maintain close working relationships and alignment with the Senior Art Director and Associate Art Director, producers, content, and engineers.
- Your area of focus would include creating, improving and approving Live art and being the team's craft expert.
- Provide feedback and guidance on best practices and new approaches to junior staff.
- Career manage a team of artists.
- Maintain the Art Director’s vision of project goals and visual quality targets
- Help support creativity and participation by promoting cross-department collaboration.
- Encourage new ideas from more junior members of the team
- Able to present new or complex ideas in a clear and informative way. Confidently pitch new ideas and articulate revolutionary ideas
You’ll be a great fit if you have the following:
- At least three years of working as an art leader and manager for mobile games or similar digital products.
- Excellent illustrative skills or concept art skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop and the Adobe suite of tools
- Love of creative collaboration
- A passion for creating great entertainment products for women
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fashion
- Experience implementing with Unity or Cocos Creator
- Some motion design and animation skills
- 3D art creation skills and some knowledge of lighting and shaders
We would like to see a portfolio that includes examples of your latest work