The Associate Development Communications Manager is an exciting new role within an established Brand team supporting all Total War titles. As part of the CA Sofia team, you will flex your creative communications muscles as you shape complex subject matter into engaging copy, messages, scripts and presentations for players, press and industry contacts worldwide.
This role offers a great deal of creativity and freedom to a candidate with a deep understanding of the games industry, an insatiable sense of curiosity, and proven experience in bringing teams together for a shared cause. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and strategic thinker who thrives while supporting the success of others.
As the Associate Development Communications Manager, you will use your excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to lift CA Sofia’s projects to new heights. You will proactively seek out and develop strong relationships with the development team and act as an internal champion for their projects. You will examine game features from all angles, chatting with the designers and playing in-development builds, and you’ll craft honest, thrilling and nuanced communications around them.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Seek out opportunities to develop and refine how we communicate about our projects by maintaining a constant connection with your development team.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across multiple teams and time zones to ensure a high level of internal understanding of and engagement in our projects.
- Craft a range of clear, creative, and engaging communications materials in support of our titles including press presentations, player support guides, internal FAQs, and scripts.
- Draw from a deep understanding of our titles and the wider strategy genre, using your passion for games to inform your work and improve our results.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in shaping communications materials within a professional environment.
- A positive personal attitude and a natural inclination to connect with others.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to self-manage.
- Willingness and availability to travel.
- Education or experience in a relevant field such as PR, marketing or community.
- Experience in client or stakeholder management at a variety of levels.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Total War series and/or strategy gaming.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work creatively.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.