Associate Development Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Associate Development Manager to join the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2, to create thrilling game experiences on a new project. This will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will assist with the process of managing a cross discipline prototype team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Associate Development Manager will be able to provide support to keep the project moving forward, and the team positive, informed, and focused whilst keeping momentum. The role will also require working with the project leads to identify dependencies, solve problems, and prioritise work.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 1 day every 2 weeks in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with the team to facilitate them delivering their goals
- Work across the project supporting focus teams or assist other Game Producers, leads and directors
- Continuously improve the development process using the best methodology possible to predict, and deliver on time, and on quality
- Help to manage and motivate the development team, ensuring that milestones are adhered to, communicating progress, and assisting with reviews on team performance, risks, and areas for improvement
- Help to improve agile processes, while assisting with the long-term roadmap of deliverables and budget
- Assist in the planning and execution of the short schedules and reporting to ensure efficient, reliable, and accurate delivery
- Liaise with the project leadership team in defining the deliverables, goals and KPIs to provide visibility, and status updates
- Broadcast key project dates, goals, KPIs and processes to the team
- Identify, communicate, and support resolving any risks that may prevent the team from completing deadlines
- Anticipate and solve problems with the help of the Development Director.
- Good organisational skills. Driven and self-motivated
- Professional project management experience (not necessarily in games)
- Experience delivering software in an agile development environment while working to fixed end dates
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies to best suit the team and project needs
- Good range of problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and formulate pragmatic plans to solve them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A team thinker - able to work within a team and to actively work to make the team perform cohesively
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office applications especially Excel and JIRA
- Keen gamer
- Experience of a full game development cycle
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.