Associate Gameplay Engineer - 4 Month Contract
Gameplay Engineer Intern - Central Football
Looking for a Software Engineer intern to develop in-game AI behaviors and player mechanics, to work with our gameplay team to improve and rework existing gameplay systems.
In this position you will work side-by-side with Senior Engineers, Game Designers, and Animators. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, code implementation, debugging and tuning gameplay behaviors and ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
- Build and maintain gameplay systems in C/C++.
- Ability to implement gameplay systems from existing technical designs.
- Make recommendations to improve Design/Animation tools and pipelines, and make content creator workflows more efficient.
- Work closely with the design and content teams to build AI character behaviors and interactions.
- Debug, tune and refine existing functionalities in game.
- Willingness to ask plenty of questions and learn from the answers.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Object-oriented programming experience (C/C++ a bonus) with ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Ability to adapt to large code bases.
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
Please note this position requires on-site work from our studio in Orlando, FL. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.