Associate Lead Gameplay Programmer - W/M/NB
ANVIL Paris is looking for an Associate Lead Gameplay Programmer who will be involved in the definition of the technical orientations of the project and will be responsible for the architecture, production and implementation of Gameplay features in Paris.
Main responsibilities :
- Lead a team of gameplay programmers in charge of transcribing creative ideas into gameplay elements, combining strong managerial and technical skills;
- Challenge programmers choices (code design, implementation) in order to improve the systems;
- Understand and challenge the game design intentions to improve the player experience;
- Prioritize, manage and update daily tasks of the team, creating schedules and roadmaps;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems;
- Manage all communications and meetings with other teams and other studios;
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to establish a cohesive and effective team;
- Maintain a collaborative and creative spirit in the team.
- 5+ years of development experience;
- Strong C++ development and optimization skills on gameplay programmation,
- Comfortable planning tasks for yourself and team members;
- Experience leading a team or mentoring junior team members preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of game development related topics such as AI, animations, 3D math;
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We value and celebrate the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities and other legally protected individuals to apply.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.