Associate Lead QA Tester
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a highly organised and meticulous Associate Lead QA Tester to take ownership of a project and assist in test planning and execution. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of testing games on mobile platforms in the free-to-play genre, with experience in bug tracking, reporting and test planning.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define and create workflows for mobile game testing.
- Implement test plans for new features in the game.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
- Assign, prioritise and manage a test team’s day-to-day tasks.
- Perform daily tests, owning responsibility for quality and stability of new game content, new features and upcoming releases.
- Create and maintain an efficient workflow: bug identification, bug reporting and follow up throughout development cycle.
- Track bugs and assist developers when needed in identifying/reproducing bugs.
- Collaborate with developers and designers to collect essential information to have optimum QA coverage.
- Provide regular feedback regarding the quality of implemented features.
- Update the team of the release status.
- Advise designers regarding technical requirements of new design features, especially minimum requirements to meet 1st Party certification criteria.
- Follow up on 1st party mobile certification procedures without assistance.
- Send centralized and finalized status reports to the lead tester and dev. team during the certification process.
- Optimize and offer detailed test reports that stay usable to target audience.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to provide efficient and timely support for the development team.
- Know the game inside out and ensure the very highest quality standards are being met.
- Actively encourage the play testing of the game within the company to ensure it is high quality, playable and fun.
- Excellent grasp of content development/testing tools and pipelines.
- Ability to work in a small team, with hands on involvement in production and development of the game.
- Active participation in all key aspects related to testing on various platforms.
- Have first-hand experience with Internal, Open & Closed Beta validations.
- Able to create professional reports for requested situations.
- Knowledge of some bug tracking tool is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and MS Excel would be a plus.
- Fluent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the Agile testing strategy.
- Keen interest in the current mobile gaming markets.
- A passion for free-to-play games preferred.
- Game Tester with at least 4 years of experience.
- Shipping of at least one title on a mobile platform.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent training and experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.