Associate Level Designer - Treyarch
Job Title:Associate Level Designer - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a talented Associate Level Designer to join our team!
What you’ll do…
- Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver large-scale environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
- Collaborate with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look phenomenal and run well.
- Originate level designs on paper, then realize those designs as geometry in the level editor.
- Refine level geometry based on feedback from design leadership, and from internal playtesting.
- Give level geometry an initial visual identity based on photo reference and concept art.
- Sculpt terrain, then arrange structures and objects on it to create a cohesive, relatable, and exciting gameplay space.
- Collaborate with our World Building and Art teams to bring level geometry to a finished, realistic appearance.
- Provide constructive, insightful feedback to your teammates.
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
To succeed you will have…
- Experience working on AAA titles in a level design capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design concepts including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
- Strong familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with the Radiant level editor.
- Mod community experience.
- Experience creating large-scale multiplayer spaces.
- Experience sculpting realistic terrain in level/world creation packages.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.