Associate Marketing Manager
The Associate Marketing Manager assists in the execution of go-to-market plans for Pokémon brand focused campaigns and initiatives. This person will work closely with the Marketing Manager lead, in addition to a cross-functional marketing team and external agency partners to help carry out marketing plans, ensuring streamlined communication and flawless execution.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Product and Consumer Marketing, PR, Social Media, Events and Digital Marketing teams to execute integrated marketing campaigns to support brand focused initiatives, seasonal programming, and other brand marketing activations.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans and communication of key details to the extended marketing team and serve as campaign champion.
- Participate in the development of creative materials, campaign asset management, and product reviews, including internal and external partner feedback loops and approvals.
- Maintain marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Prepare campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
- Assist in the preparation of user research and surveys.
- Support in general coordination between local teams and international partners, both internal and external.
- Stay current on marketing best practices, bringing new ideas and partners to the table that are rooted in consumer insights and industry trends.
What You’ll Bring
- 1 - 2 years of experience as a marketing professional preferably with a global entertainment brand or consumer brand. Experience in marketing games, interactive entertainment, and mobile games and apps, is a bonus.
- Experience working on 360 marketing programs utilizing a paid-earned-owned framework.
- Experience working with agencies and external partners to execute marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated program management skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve wherever needed.
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand and industry is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communications: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Analytical Thinking: You use logical reasoning to systematically analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues using data.
- Excellence (Quality): You maintain and promote high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
- Growth Mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. International collaboration may necessitate occasional meeting times outside of standard business hours. Some travel may be necessary at times.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.