Associate Motion Capture Technician
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an Associate Motion Capture Technician to work side by side with our passionate teams of animators and technical artists, to capture and create the world’s best video game character animations.
This role will help maintain and operate our proprietary capture systems and be a key component to the success of our fast-paced productions.
WHAT WE DO
- As a global Performance Capture team at Rockstar, we collaborate with animators, directors, and artists from around the world, working to the highest standards to produce the substantial range of character animations required for our ground-breaking AAA games.
- We work with bleeding-edge technology to both inform and capture our actors’ movement, facial and audio data to create photo realistic content in our games.
- We fabricate sets, customize hardware, create props, and utilize every tool possible to achieve the highest standards for our shoots.
- We capture the core data that serves as the backbone for story and in-game character animations across all of Rockstar’s titles.
- Ensure that all motion capture equipment, auxiliary technology, and the capture volume are kept shoot-ready at all times, to ensure smooth production and efficiency.
- On set presence required at our studio for all projects as needed.
- Set up, brief and otherwise prepare performers for their capture sessions.
- Calibrate, capture, and process performer mocap assets, during a fast-paced production environment.
- Track and document captured data ensuring continuity, working with our proprietary tools and database.
- Prepare both practical and digital props and sets for capture sessions, ensuring all assets are kept up to date and accurate.
- Acquire, track, and analyse motion capture data, verifying quality and continuity.
- Assist with processing motion capture data through proprietary pipelines, including retargeting motion capture data to game assets.
- Support all phases of performance capture: prep, production, wrap and post.
- Test and validate software and hardware updates, supporting the advancement of all systems through research and development.
- 1 years’ experience working in motion capture or as part of a motion capture animation pipeline.
- Experience working in both production and animation.
- Competence working both independently, and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Adept at working with a variety of different personalities.
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in motion capture and animation.
- Self-disciplined, with an organised approach to working practices, and the ability to multi-task, prioritizing various requests at once.
- Comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong tech, maths, and 3D problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Linux OS familiarity.
- A good underlying knowledge of game animation pipelines.
- On-set production experience in video games, TV or film.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.