Associate Producer – Codev & Outsourcing [Splinter Cell]
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
On being an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Toronto
As an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Toronto, you’ll collaborate with Production Managers from various disciplines, guiding the development of a broader pillar of the game, including Gameplay, AI and UI, collectively referred to as Greater Gameplay, along with Gameplay Animators and Design teams.
Support Production Managers, who in turn support one or many multidisciplinary teams from beginning to end, to bring your assigned portion to life. Report to the Production Director and align with the Greater Gameplay Lead Programmer to set clear expectations and meet them with well-designed work processes enabling your team members to do their best work and optimize their talents.
Create and foster a supportive environment in which the Greater Gameplay teams are ready and enabled to deliver high-quality content to production, all while ensuring your planning, follow-through and oversight allows to stick to timelines, focus on the right things and pivot when needed.
What you’ll do as an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Partner with the teams to understand the overall game vision and requirements, then communicate them across the production floor;
- Establish the scope of your area of focus: create its long-term roadmap and schedule, establish its deliverables, quality targets, key milestones, and define its development strategies and budgets;
- Collaborate with the Production Director and internal management to pave the way for production: develop workflows and pipelines and implement means to facilitate interaction between the internal team and our partners;
- Set clear goals for our partners to achieve and ensure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible;
- Work with our partners and internal teams to anticipate risks & put plans of action in place to overcome them;
- Meet regularly with our partners to clarify Milestones and Gates, prioritize deliverables, give updates, address concerns, provide direction and gather feedback;
- Keep the Producer, Production Director, and Production Managers updated on progress, momentum and budgets;
- Look for opportunities to improve and evolve processes, methods, and practices;
- Take part in recruitment to build your team and foster professional growth and career progression for your assigned Production Managers, coordinators and overall teams.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to a range of situations and navigate interdependencies;
- Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Exceptional follow-up on deliverables and dependencies;
- An attentive, collaborative, and innovative spirit;
- A people-oriented approach: you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them;
- A strong sense of development for your direct reports, including performance monitoring;
- Experience working with external partners is a big plus;
- Around 5 years of experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other relevant experience).
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
- Bonus (If Applicable)
You can learn more about Life at Ubisoft here: https://toronto.ubisoft.com/life-at-ubisoft/
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+. Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.