Associate Producer (Senior Level) (f/m/d)
Within Ubisoft this position is referred to as Associate Producer which is the equivalent of a senior level producer or project manager.
As an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Berlin, you’ll handle the development of a specific part of the game. Together with your team you then break down this part into a roadmap of achievable milestones and concentrate on the day-to-day efforts to reach them.
You’ll guide one or many multidisciplinary teams to bring your assigned portion to life from start to end. You’ll pair well-designed work processes with clear expectations for your team members to do their best work and optimize their talents.
Through careful planning, follow-through, and oversight, you’ll keep development on pace, ensuring that time is spent on the right things, and pivot when need be.
You have a wide perspective of the production floor: a realistic grasp of our capabilities, thorough understanding of interdependencies, knowledge of the actionable steps to get to our goals, and awareness of where to focus our energy. While handling production capacity and quality , you’ll see to it that your team is ready and able to deliver their part of the game on time and in a supportive environment.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with directors to understand the overall game vision and requirements and communicate them across the production floor
- Establish the scope of your area of focus: create its long-term roadmap and schedule, establish its deliverables, quality targets, and key milestones, and define its development strategies and budgets
- Collaborate with your production team and cross-functional team leads to create the production schedule and developing strategies
- Anticipate risks, coordinate with the team leads regarding contingency plans and ensure that the mitigation is communicated to the team
- Support and enable the team on a day-to-day basis based on the rituals of agile development and its respective tools/software
- Collaborate to create and foster a respectful and trusting atmosphere by establishing easy and lean processes and realistic goals for the teams
- Use project management tools to provide visibility on the progression and velocity
- Identify staffing needs pre-emptively, oversee the hiring process in collaboration with the team (in line with project and studio- long-term needs)
- Mentor and coach direct reports in form of regular 1-1s, performance assessments and continuous feedback, as well as help them building a growth plan by promoting the discovery of their strength and weaknesses, giving suggestions for trainings etc.
- Shipped at least one AAA title either on PC and/or console from start to end in a Production role
- A servant leadership mindset and experience in coaching teams to reach high performance
- A creative problem-solver with good analytical, technical and project management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with the team and stakeholders
- Great sense of responsibilities and priorities
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps, etc.) and the respective software and tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com