Associate Product Marketing Manager
Summary of the Role
The Associate Product Marketing Manager assists in the execution of go-to-market plans and live operations support for key Pokémon mobile titles. Partnering closely with the respective titles’ Product Marketing Lead in addition to a cross-team of The Pokémon Company International stakeholders, channel leads, vendor/agency partners, and distribution platforms such as Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Store, this role will help carry out marketing plan, ensuring streamlined communication and flawless execution.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the development and sharing of creative materials, including web assets, videos, screenshots, store descriptions and more
- Assist in the maintenance of marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up to date and communicated to key stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of user research and surveys
- Assist in general coordination between local teams and international partners, both internal and external
- Assist in the creation of campaign performance reports
- Organize review packages of various marketing assets for internal / external feedback and approval
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
What You Will Bring
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a product marketing manager working in gaming (mobile game experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep knowledge and a passion for the mobile games industry
- Experience of working with external partners, particularly international ones
Shipped at least 1 mobile game to a global audience (i.e.. distribution beyond the United States)
- Demonstrable ability to project management and the ability to oversee multiple projects with various key stakeholders
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, however knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand is a must.
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communications: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Analytical Thinking: Uses logical reasoning to systematically analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues using data.
- Excellence (Quality): Maintains and promotes high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. International collaboration may necessitate occasional meeting times outside of standard business hours. Some travel may be necessary at times.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.