Associate Product Marketing Manager
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Job Summary: Prepares marketing strategies and programs for a product or product line. The role is responsible for a line, or lines, of business, defining strategic marketing direction, and driving execution to achieve long-term business goals. You will be expected to know your customers and market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Development, TCG Design, and Organized Play teams to understand product features, audience segmentation, and target player engagement and business goals.
- Assist in the execution of marketing plans and communication of key details to the extended marketing team and serve as a product champion.
- Manage the development of creative materials, TCG asset management, and product reviews, including internal/external feedback loops and approvals.
- Maintain marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Prepare campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support in general coordination between local teams and international partners, both internal and external
- Advises sales teams on any relevant product concerns and changes
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
What you’ll bring
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a marketing professional working in gaming (Trading Card Games and digital games experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep knowledge and a passion for the Trading Card Game industry
- Prior experience shipping product into a retail environment
- Preferably experience with shipping at least one TCG expansion to a global audience (i.e., distribution beyond the United States)
- Demonstrated program management skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve wherever needed
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand and industry is a must.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $82,000-$122,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.