Associate Production Coordinator: Technical Art
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for a talented Associate Production Coordinator to join our Technical Art team and assist in making some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Ontario.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop complex tools and pipelines for Artists to author, automate and manage game assets.
- We work alongside other departments in the RnD of various aspects of our pipelines like body and facial animation, secondary motion, character effects and rigging, improving the quality of assets in the game and the efficiency of our pipelines.
- We work closely with other departments to influence UI design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We help to bridge different disciplines, making code requirements and limitations relatable to artists and expressing artist objectives and goals to code.
- Organize, attend, and ensure team meetings are properly documented and action points are carried out.
- Liaise with managers and production team organizing sprints and supporting its maintenance by following up with developers.
- Help streamline and adjust our project management processes to suit the team's specific workflow needs, while helping increase the reliability of meeting our goals.
- Help manage the flow of tasks in our pipelines, assisting development teams in identifying and resolving issues preventing progress.
- Maintain an awareness of team goals and timelines.
- Prepare production reports.
- Assign, prioritize, and track tasks using our in-house project management tools.
- Degree / diploma in a related discipline, or 1+ year of equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Excel, Bug Tracking Programs (i.e. TestTrack Pro, JIRA, Bugzilla), Word, MS Project, PPM system, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience contributing to the maintenance of a project plan and schedule.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other departments.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development and project management.
- Eagerness to learn new workflows and software tools.
- Motivated, flexible, and autonomous.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with or interest in the video game development process.
- Proven successful production experience organizing and tracking large amounts of information.
- Software development or video game industry experience.
- Genuine enthusiasm for video games; especially Rockstar titles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.