Job Title: Associate, Purchasing
Introduction to EA & India Centre:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices, and the Internet. EA India’s office in Hyderabad supports game development activities for mobile gaming, console, online, and free-to-play casual game portal pogo.com. Two corporate functions operate shared services centers: IT- provides networks & applications support whereas Finance supports purchase to pay, accounts receivables, revenue accounting, fixed assets accounting, procurement support, payroll & FP&A.
Introduction to Function & Role:
The Accounts Payable process is carried out for North America, Europe and APAC regions including Non-English-speaking countries. The scope includes Purchasing, Invoice Processing, Validation, Vendor creation, Disbursement, and Helpdesk activities within the agreed timeline as per EA internal policy, ensuring timely payment to suppliers and employees, and managing Customer Service for internal customers. The responsibility of an Associate, Purchasing is to create purchase orders for all 3 regions daily and ensure work on aged PO’s follow-up on a regular basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Should have good knowledge of Procure to Pay cycle.
- Should have knowledge of Catalogue and non-Catalogue Purchase requisitions.
- Process Purchase Orders daily for global countries, after validating the purchase Requisitions. 4. Should be keen for the details while auditing the backup documents and approval hierarchy during the PO creation process.
- Should have experience in reporting aged and PO, accrual reporting.
- Should be able to understand and resolve the various ad hoc queries raised by PO requestors through the helpdesk and emails.
- Should have experience in handling the change Request raised.
- Work closely with Business Partners/ Requestors to resolve any issues after the prior and post-PO creation process.
- Deliver internally set defined targets on Productivity and Accuracy.
- Provide excellent customer service to our business partners and PO requestors.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and high volume.
- Follow policies and procedures under structured supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the Accounts Payable process and relevant experience of 1 - 2 years in purchasing process & help desk queries.
- Hands-on experience with R12 is preferred & remote transition is an added advantage.
- Beginner level in MS Office. Keyboard skills of more than 25 words per minute Customer oriented and Conscientious with attention to detail.
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal & written English communication skills, and commitment to achieving results.
- Good team player and result oriented.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the potential global coverage of this role.