Associate QA Tester - Functionality
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North are on the lookout for talented Associate QA Testers who are passionate, enthusiastic, and self-motivated, to join our internal QA team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- Ensuring product quality of Rockstar releases to an industry leading standard.
- Creating and actioning comprehensive test plans ensuring everything is functioning correctly.
- Writing concise bug reports and providing all relevant supporting information such as screenshots, videos, and game logs.
- Working cohesively with various departments to gain a full understanding of all systems and game mechanics in test.
- Testing games and applications across various platforms, quickly learning and retaining the knowledge of each.
- Finding, reproducing, and accurately reporting issues in detailed bug reports.
- Carrying out examination, reproductions, and revisions of existing issues.
- Providing clear and concise critical analysis and feedback when requested.
- Participating in a close-knit, friendly atmosphere, sharing ideas, and helping others when required.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems, software, and processes.
- Competent gaming ability.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
- Good general PC knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good standard of written English.
- Knowledge of current generation games consoles and PCs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to concisely present complex information via bug reports.
- Ability to become quickly accustomed to various in-house software systems.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise, and work to deadlines.
- The ability to remain focused when approaching repetitive tasks.
- The ability to express thoughts and opinions openly and constructively.
- Ability to work productively, collaboratively, and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Degree level educated.
- Previous industry experience not required but helpful.
- Existing experience with database software (Jira, Mantis, Test Track, etc.).
- Knowledge of current generation mobile devices.
- Knowledge of previous generation games consoles.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age and above.
- This is a two-stage application process. You will first be asked to complete a video interview; from which you may be asked to attend an onsite interview with the team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.