Associate Quality Designer - Game Modes (Apex Legends)
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
What's in it for you?
Respawn is looking for an Associate Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be a primary QA member for our game modes team, responsible for the end-to-end quality planning, testing, and releasing of game updates.
You will ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Manager.
- 2 years of experience as a game analyst/feature owner
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience working in a live service development model
- Proficient in development planning tool sets (Jira, TestRail) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
- Comfortable with fast-paced and changing environments
- Work directly with Production and Design members to ensure that development requirements are understood
- Report on the progress of testing until the release is complete
- Collaborate with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalate risks to the product as they emerge
- Partner with representatives from off-site testing studios that assist with higher volume test case completion.
- Advocate and maintain appropriate quality standards that support successful outcomes
- A strong ability to interpret & use data visualizations to provide relevant insights
- Understand how to evaluate the state of the product through ongoing exploration and experimentation