Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer
Interested in helping our teams provide great content and experiences to our players? Want to work on cutting-edge technology and help shape the future of gaming?
We are looking to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role within the QVS organization, reporting to a Development Manager, to help accomplish the quality strategy.
QV (Quality Verification) oversees the end-to-end quality of our products and services such as, EA App, EA Play services, EAcom, In-game experiences such as EA Social and other products in development. You will work directly with our partners to verify the quality of the end to end-user experiences of software, cross-play experiences, releases, promotions, sales and all future initiatives that our partners in EAX, Global Operations and Digital Experiences will release.
This role will involve you carrying out quality verification on our web, consoles and software applications to the highest standard using both scripted and non scripted testing methods. You will also proactively be working on planning, documenting and conducting tests (both manual and automated) to ensure any issues are identified and addressed, while ensuring to be the voice of quality.
- Carrying out our testing strategies for our current products to verify content, marketing, software/game functionality and application releases while working with our partners to resolve bugs
- Work in partnership with Quality Designers, Leads, Managers, and peers to improve our quality impact upstream in the development and content creation process
- Use multiple testing methodologies (such as Agile) on features/tools as they are developed, while also becoming knowledgeable of both the content creation flow and development cycle
- Use existing risk-based testing strategies within your area and apply established tactics towards introducing efficiency into how and where we test
- Create task breakdown and estimates in early planning stages of development while being the main driver for gathering design information and updates from development and publishing teams
- Use a Player First approach while thinking about the Quality our players receive. Be the voice of QUALITY
- Work with other team members on issue reporting and ensuring close collaboration between our team and our partners
- Perform the proposed testing approaches in the area assigned, and implement testing procedures within the said area to confirm expected vs actual results
- Translate End to End player experiences into testing strategies
Who you are
- Team-oriented and manage workload along with other projects
- Player First - Ability to showcase how a feature/bug/change could positively or negatively be received, and what impact it may have on our users
- Understand complex features/systems, how they function and their impact to our players
- Work in group settings under high-pressure and take ownership of tasks and features
- Naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions while inspiring others and ensuring a positive team culture
- Analyze results/problems on test projects, identify and guide appropriate action to ensure product quality
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and its benefits to a live service model
- Someone who can inspire and cultivate ideas to promote our Live Quality strategy
- Can work within a hybrid model between the office and home
- Quality Analyst/testing experience
- Experience creating and delivering reporting
- Experience with documentation creation and maintenance
- Understanding of automated testing
- Experience in PC, Mac and console use
- Familiarity with EA services (Origin, EA app, EAcom, EA Play, Cross-Play)