Associate Software Engineer - Madden Football - 4-Month Contract
**THIS WOULD BE ONSITE ROLE - 3 days in the office - LOCATED IN ORLANDO, FL**
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more).Madden NFL has entertained fans for over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is a challenge. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Associate Software Engineer will help build career-mode game experiences for EA Sports titles. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping, planning, implementing, and maintaining amazing new features and technology for an existing and beloved game. You will report to the Development Director and work with your Technical Lead to estimate, build and improve projects. You will be focused on delivering excellent game experiences through efficient and effective code.
- Build and maintain career mode systems in C/C++
- Implement systems from existing technical designs
- Make recommendations to improve content creation tools and pipelines, and make content creator workflows more efficient
- Debug, tune and refine existing functionalities in game
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Experience in software development with a strong C++ focus
- Object-oriented programming experience with ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Willingness to ask plenty of questions and learn from the answers
- Passion for making and playing games
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude