Associate Software Project Manager
Creative Assembly is looking for an Associate Software Project Manager to join our talented Core Technology, Production team on our Total War franchise. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As Associate Software Project Manager, you will assist with running one or more teams that are part of our internal engine group. This group has the responsibility to deliver the core technology on which multiple games are based. You will act as Scrum Master, be on top of your team’s schedule, liaise with stakeholders and generate reports, joining a team of five other Development Managers. Together you will define the processes that run all the teams in the core technology group and apply them to your specific team(s).
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid, in-studio and/or fully remote within country of employment. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will manage and support our agile teams to help and drive planning, estimating, and communicating the schedule.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more teams in our group, managing the team’s schedule while ensuring that the work and priorities are clear and understood to all developers, and that the work is visible to senior stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with the game teams and plan conflicting priorities while keeping stakeholders up to date
- Own production tools and reports for your team(s).
- Some experience in project management, either in software, web or games
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Focused and self-motivated
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team, or project
- Excellent organisational, management and problem-solving skills with a pragmatic approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with a task management system like Jira
- Experience with production data analysis (team’s capacity, velocity etc.).
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.