Associate Studio Designer – 6-Month Fixed Term Contract
Creative Assembly is looking for a talented and conscientious Associate Studio Designer to join our Corporate Communications Team based out of our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
You will uphold and deliver on the studio’s visual identity, to a high quality and with a deep focus on detail. You will bring branding assets to life for our external audiences and in support of our internal teams.
This position requires flexibility and enthusiasm as your time will be divided up between small and large scope tasks, tackling everything from social media graphics to helping determine the tone of international advertising campaigns.
You’ll work with the Senior Studio Designer and Video Producer to support visualising, informing, and delivering on key branding elements for the studio, focusing on graphic design, but able to support video content creation too.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work on a wide range of studio corporate brand materials from concept to polished finals, according to Corporate Communications requirements
- Be working with the team to create, update and refresh existing social media assets in line with the defined brand identity
- Produce designs for web publication and print according to the studio’s advertisement and recruitment needs
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to take feedback and implement revisions in a timely way, while hitting the required quality benchmarks
- Work alongside the Senior Studio Designer & Video Producer to support the studio’s operational teams and leadership with ad hoc project requests to achieve a cohesive brand identity within our studios and internal communications, such as studio wall art, PowerPoint design, staff merchandise, banners, event posters and more
- Manage the studio’s corporate asset library to ensure best practices are followed and asset requirements are met
- Work with the Senior Studio Designer and Video Producer to support the creation of new visual content including photography and video
- Develop and improve your skills through identifying training opportunities, software packages or experiences
- Understanding of creative processes
- Visual flare and talent
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator
- A keen eye on quality and attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Good use of colour and composition
- Working well within a team and managing your time
- An understanding of stakeholder management, approval processes and working with sensitive IP
- A positive attitude to taking feedback from various stakeholders, following a fast iterative process
- Knowledge of videography and photography and a passion to pursue these further alongside design
- Knowledge of livestream technology and live producing will be useful
- Up to date with design trends and culture
- Vector Illustration and Photography Touch-up skills an advantage
- Some knowledge of After Effects would be useful
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and progress
- Willingness to learn new software, processes and production pipelines
About Creative AssemblyIt’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.