Associate Technical Artist - Treyarch
Job Title:Associate Technical Artist - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for an Associate Technical Artist with a passion for high-quality content creation, who can think outside the box, and can create optimal pipeline and optimization tools specializing in one or more areas of content development. The areas of content development can be physically correct art development, lighting and shaders, rigging, animation, or effects.
Our team is a multidisciplinary group serving as a bridge between art, design, and engineering. We provide our teams with effective implementation tools, complex assets templates, and final content which must not only meet the high-quality standard but also be optimized to be as efficient as possible. Our team is also responsible for analyzing content performance, advise on, and provide processes to ensure the final content runs at the expected frame rate.
What you’ll do…
- Help define the technical quality standards, overseeing the development of art pipelines
- Contribute to the development of artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio
- Provides input on the technical methods to achieve the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle
- Create tools and processes that assist in authoring environment art, VFX, destruction simulations, animation, lighting, and post process effects
- Stays current on industry standard content creation tools and techniques
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Work with other tech artists/engineers to identify and implement art-pipeline optimizations and to create technical benchmarks to be used in production
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Assist in game profiling and generating report to help content creators get their assets within budget
To succeed you should have…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills catering to engineers and artists as needed
- Thorough knowledge of content creation tools with the ability to create both content and tools to expedite content creation, these can include Photoshop, Maya, Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, etc.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly basis
- Object oriented software design skills using Python, Java, or C#
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience as a Technical Artist in large scale game development
We’d love it if you also have…
- Working knowledge of linear algebra (vector math) as it pertains to 3d environments
- Experience building WPF .Net applications using the C#
- Experienced programming in C++
- Experience building Houdini assets
- Experience creating shader and effects using HLSL
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.