The Associate Technical Director will ensure the quality of the technical content produced by his/her working unit. The TD will help to define tools, pipelines and best practices that will allow Design Team to create the best gameplay experience, also he/she will be bridging the gap between design and code to build a solid product.
What you will do:
- Define and enforce best practices and guidelines with the design team’s technical needs to carry out the creative vision by validating the game features and challenging the interpretation to assess technical feasibility;
- Establish and improve workflows and data structures to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data by drafting pipeline documents, setting up a common classification system, relevant trainings and supervising with the design apartment;
- Serve as the bridge person for the implementation of complex content or feature which stretches the capabilities of existing systems requiring frequent programmer and designer interactions;
- Prototype possible new gameplay features and provide guidance to the design team on how to use the features to articulate the creative visions;
- Review and follow up with works at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the creative visions and quality requirements;
- Drive the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in his field of expertise and non-programming problems.
What you should have:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the video game sector or other relevant experiences;
- Experience in his working unit at all game production phases;
- Experience on 2-3 games productions;
- Experience working with proprietary game engine toolsets.
- User focus;
- Time and priority management skills;
- Coaching skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Proficiency in English (good communication skills, ability to draft technical documents).
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!